Orthopedic injuries can appear in different shapes and sizes and can happen to anyone. Your doctor can help you identify common forms of orthopedic injuries that you may endure at some point in life. Dr. Ali Nairizi at United Pain Urgent Care in Reno, NV, can explain some common orthopedic injuries and how you might need to deal with them.
- Torn Rotator Cuff. The shoulder has a wide range of movement and is designed to allow stretching for full movement. Sometimes, a rotator cuff is stretched slightly too far and is torn in the process. Depending on how severe this injury is, your doctor may require physical therapy or surgery in a more serious condition.
- Torn ACL- The ACL is in the knee and can be torn fairly easily with a quick turn or twist. Treatment will likely include resting your leg and also going to physical therapy. If it isn’t responding to conservative treatment, you may need to think about surgery to repair it.
- Ankle or Foot Sprain- When the ligament holding your foot bones together tears, this causes an ankle or foot sprain. Usually, resting, icing, compressing, and elevating your injury can help but it may also require physical therapy to make sure that you can get back to your full health.
- Stress Fractures- Tiny cracks in the bone are known as a stress fracture. This is usually caused by stress, wear, and tear. This will usually heal on its own as long as you’re avoiding putting direct pressure on the fracture.
- Dislocated Shoulder- This is when the upper part of the arm bone is dislocated from the socket of your shoulder. If you’ve dislocated your shoulder, you’ll want to visit your doctor in Reno, NV, as soon as possible to put it back in place.
Contact Your Doctor Today!
There are various issues that can cause orthopedic injuries that should be treated sooner rather than later. Contact Dr. Ali Nairizi at United Pain Urgent Care in Reno, NV, to learn more about orthopedic injuries and what you should be looking out for. Call for more information at (775) 384-1380 today!