If you are suffering from a migraine in Reno, NV, let Dr. Ali Nairizi and the team at United Pain Urgent Care help you achieve relief and get back to your life.
When to See a Doctor About Your Migraine in Reno, NV
Migraines are a common condition as they affect about 20% of adult females and about 7% of adult males. They can cause a great deal of pain and suffering, but in most cases, they’ll go away in a few days.
Under most circumstances, they are caused by stress or other triggers and aren’t cause for concern. However, some can be a sign of a stroke or other serious issues. If you notice any of the following symptoms with your migraine, seek help from Dr. Nairizi as soon as possible.
- Your speech is slurred, you have a hard time speaking, or your voice is hoarse.
- One of your eyelids is uncharacteristically droopy or one pupil is bigger than the other.
- Your face, feet, or hands suddenly go numb or get weak. This is especially troublesome if it’s only on one side of the body.
- You have tremors or become clumsy.
- You begin vomiting for no obvious reason.
- You have trouble seeing or you suddenly experience double vision.
- You have a difficult time standing up, even if you’re propped up or holding onto something.
- Your muscles are weaker than usual.
- An unexplained high fever develops.
- Your neck is extremely stiff.
- You’re confused, have no awareness, or you lose consciousness.
- Your migraine is so bad that it interferes with your ability to carry out any of your daily activities.
- It causes you to miss work, school, or other important things.
- You have a history of migraines, but your current migraine is causing other symptoms or there is a change in the pattern.
If you develop any of these additional symptoms with your migraine in Reno, NV, call (775) 384-1380 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Nairizi at United Pain Urgent Care. Walk-ins are also welcome.